Registration is open now for Lexington Two 4-year-old kindergarten for the 2019-2020 academic year.
To be eligible to enroll, a child must turn age 4 or 5 prior to September 1, 2019.
Parents have two ways to register:
- In person, from 7:30 am-3 pm weekdays at the Lexington Two elementary school in your attendance area. If you are unsure of your school, visit www.lex2.org and click on the “Find My School” button in the center of the page.
- Online at the district website, www.lex2.org, which allows users to fill out an application any time of day. Be sure to click on 2019-2020 New Student Registration.
Parents will be required to bring the following documents to their elementary school office to complete registration:
- Child’s birth certificate (long form)
- Child’s South Carolina immunization certificate
- Two proofs of residence (one utility/cable bill and a lease/mortgage agreement)
- Proof of income for full-day 4K (acceptable forms of proof: child’s Medicaid card, parent/guardian’s pay stub or W-2 income tax information).
A school readiness assessment is planned for each registered 4-year-old starting in March.
Early childhood education is key for a strong student foundation of learning. Students who attend a pre-k program score higher on reading and math tests than children receiving parental care alone, according to a study cited on the Center for Public Education website.
Lexington Two strives to provide superior educational experiences that empower our students to achieve their highest potential. We look forward to beginning this educational journey with our newest students.