Lexington High School will host a Recycling Drop-off Event for county residents only August 10 from 9 am to 1 pm.
County residents are encouraged to bring electronics, household hazardous waste, paper documents to be shred on-site, donations for male veterans and donations for Goodwill to Lexington High School’s Technology Center parking lot located at 2463 Augusta Highway, Lexington.
• SC Code of Law, 48-60-05 et seq. requires that electronics (specifically computers, monitors, printers and TVs) be kept intact and that they be recycled.
• A maximum of eight (8) large electronic items will be accepted per household. A box or bag of small items and computer components will be bundled to count as one.
• Examples of electronics accepted include computers, monitors, printers, scanners, TVs, VCR and DVD players, stereo equipment, gaming systems and cell phones.
• Electronics are also accepted at the Edmund Landfill Monday to Saturday, 7 am to 4:30 pm
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
• This material is only accepted at drop-off events.
• A maximum of eight (8) gallons of liquid paint will be accepted. There is no limit on other types of HHW.
• Examples of HHW include paint and paint related products, automotive fluids, batteries, fertilizers, fire extinguishers, pool chemicals and products with mercury.
• Medicines, ammunition and smoke detectors will not be accepted.
• Paper will be shred on site by Shred With Us.
• A maximum of five (5) boxes or bags of paper will be accepted per household.
• Men’s clothing and toiletries will be collected by the Leadership Lexington County team for use by veterans at Central Midlands Transitional Retreat in Lexington.
• Women and children’s clothing, furniture and general household items will be collected by Goodwill Industries.
• Materials are only accepted from Lexington County residents.
• Material generated from businesses is not accepted at drop-off events. This may be taken to the Edmund Landfill.
• No refrigerators, freezers or other items with Freon are accepted at drop-off events. These may be taken to the Edmund Landfill.
• This event is being hosted by the County of Lexington Solid Waste Management department with assistance from the Lexington County Stormwater Consortium and Keep the Midlands Beautiful.
• For additional information about Recycling Drop-off Events, go to the Lexington County Solid Waste Management website at www.lex-co.sc.gov/solidwaste or contact Lexington County’s Recycling Coordinator Traude Sander at 803-785-3340, or tsand[email protected]